(Total Approx. time: 45 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (For 1 person)
- 1 cup of brown flour
- 1-1+1/2 cup of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup fresh (or desiccated) coconut
- 1/4 cup cut leeks
- 1 tbs grated carrot
- 1 clover garlic
- 2-3 chopped curry leaves
- 1/2-1/4 cup water
- butter / oil
- salt to taste
* Wash and cut the leeks and curry leaves
* Wash and grate carrot, peel and chop garlic
* Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to make a stiff dough
* Kneed it well and set aside for at least 30mins (you can keep it overnight if you like)
- Heat butter /oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Make a small ball from the dough, about 5cm diameter
- On a flat plate, flatten the dough and make it into a round flat shape
- Transfer it to the heated pan and cook for 3-5 minutes (until slightly brown).
- Flip over and grill other side.
- When finished, brush butter on one side.
- Serve with sambol or eat plain.
You can make plain roti by removing all the vegetables.