(Total Approx. time: 10-25 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (For 1 person)
- 3-4 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 3-4 thinly cut pieces of chicken breast
- half a garlic clove
- some crushed ginger
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- 1-2 slices of onion
- capsicum slices
- handful of cut spinach
- tsp mustard
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 slices of brown bread
- *a toothpick
- *mayonnaise is optional
* Mix chicken, garlic, ginger and teriyaki sauce, let marinate for 5-10 mins
* Toast brown bread and set aside
* Wash and grate carrot
- Heat oil in a pan, add chicken pieces and cook for 5-8 mins or until cooked
- Spread mustard on toasted slices of bread
- Layer the sandwich with carrot, tomato, onion, capsicum and spinach
- When chicken is done, let it cool a bit, then cut and add to sandwich
- Add the last piece of bread on top and bind with the toothpick
- Add a bit of carrot or spinach on top for garnish.
You can use any sauce to marinate the chicken.
You can use mayonnaise to spread on the bread if you like.
Cut the sandwich in a cross and arrange beautifully on a plate for serving.