(Total Approx. time: 30 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (For 4-6 people)
- 1 egg plant
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 pieces of cut ginger
- 2-3 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 piece of pandan leaf (rumpe)
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of coconut oil
* Wash and dry egg plant. Cut into small wedge sizes, dry with paper towel
* Cut onion into thin slices, cut garlic cloves and ginger
- Deep fry eggplant pieces in coconut oil until light brown.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbs of oil on medium-high heat, add onions, garlic, ginger, chillies, curry leaves, sugar, salt and all powders until onions and garlic turn golden brown.
- Add eggplant pieces and vinegar, mix well and bring to boil.
- After boiling for a few minutes, turn heat off and let it cool.
- Serve with rice or roti or store in a glass bottle.
This keeps well in the fridge for 1-2 months.
Fish can be cooked in this method too.