INGREDIENTS (For 2 people)
- 1-3 tsp tea leaves
- 1 cup of water
- 1-2 cups of milk
- 1-2 cardamoms
- 1-2 cloves
- small cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-3 tsps sugar
- In a pot, add water and all other ingredients except milk and vanilla and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, and when the color of mixture turns dark brown, lower temperature to medium heat and add milk and vanilla.
- Turn heat off, strain and pour into tea cups.
- Add a dash of cinnamon powder on top.
- If you want a frothy chai drink, pour the mixture into a bottle, close the lid and shake well. Then pour into a cup / glass.
- You can cool and store this mixture in the fridge for up to 2 days. Makes a nice cold drink too.