(Total Approx. time: 40 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (For 3-4 people)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 whole leeks
- 1 onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbs oil or butter
- 2-3 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup milk
* Wash and cut potatoes, leeks, onion and garlic.
* Chop garlic, ginger and curry leaves
- Heat oil / butter in a soup pot, add the cut onions, garlic and leeks and sauté for about 5 mins.
- Add the potatoes, salt, pepper and the stock, cook for 10-15 mins or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add milk and mix, cook for 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with chopped leeks or spring onion.
- For a thicker soup, pre-mix milk with 1/2 tsp of cornflour, then add to pot. For a spicier flavour, add chives or grated nutmeg.
- Keeps will in the fridge for 2-3 days.