(Total Approx. time: 30-45 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (For 3-4 people)
- 1-3 cups mung beans
- 1 potato
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup cut beans
- 1 cup cut spinach
- 1 onion
- 3-7 garlic cloves
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbs oil
- 7-8 cups water
* Rinse mung beans until water runs clear, soak in water for 20-30 mins
* Wash and cut potato, celery stalks, beans and spinach
* Chop onion, garlic and curry leaves
- In a soup pot, heat oil / butter and add onions, garlic and curry leaves, cook until golden.
- Add water and mung beans, turn heat on high and bring to boil.
- Boil until mung beans are cooked
- When mung beans are cooked, add potato, celery and beans and cook for 30-40 mins.
- When all vegetables are cooked, add salt, pepper, coriander powder and coconut milk
- Stir and mix well, turn heat off and add spinach.
This can keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days, or you can freeze individual portions and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.