Easy Sri Lankan Rice Porridge is great for an upset stomach or when you are recovering from a bad cold or sore throat. The combination of garlic and roasted mustard seeds is not only delicious, it is easy on the stomach and has a healing affect.
(Total Approx. time: 25-30 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (Makes 1-2 servings)
- 1/2 cup rice (white or red)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp roasted mustard seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 cups coconut milk
- Cut garlic, wash rice and light roast mustard seeds in a pot/pan
- In a pot, add all ingredients except coconut milk
- Cook mixture until rice is fully cooked, about 20 minutes on high heat
- When it is cooked, add coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil
- Turn heat off, garnish with some mustard seeds and a sprig of parsley
For a super healthy option, you can add freshly chopped parsley or gotukola (centella in English) or even curry leaves.