(Total time approx. 60mins)
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings)
400g chicken breast
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp mixed curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1+1/2 cups of corn flour
- 1-2 cups oil (vegetable / canola)
- Chopped parsely
* Wash chicken and dry thoroughly with a paper towel
* Smash chicken with a meat mallet then cut into pieces
* Add salt, pepper, curry powder and lemon juice, mix well
* Let it marinate in the fridge for about 10-20minutes
COOKING METHOD (~30mins):
- Heat oil in a skillet or large pan and prepare for frying, oil should be around 180ªC (360ªF).
- Prepare cornflour in a large pan / container and a drying rack with paper towels.
- Using tongs, lightly touch each chicken piece in the cornflour, then dip each piece of chicken into the oil.
- For large pieces, fry for at least 8 minutes, while turning over each side. For smaller pieces, 5 minutes should be enough.
- Place on drying rack with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped parsley.