(Total time approx. 60-80mins)
500g chicken (breast,drumstick or thigh with out skin),
Parsley / Paprika powder
1/3 cup Corn Flour
1/3 cup Breadcrumbs
3-4 cups Vegetable / Canola Oil
* Cut, grate or mince garlic and ginger
* In a large bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, lemon, salt and pepper together with the chicken, marinate for 20minutes
* For the batter, you will need a medium sized bowl and two containers / baking pans
* Beat the egg in a medium size bowl, set aside
* Prepare about 1/3 cup of flour in one container and a 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs in a separate container
* Mix in salt, pepper, chopped parsley / paprika powder to the flour
* Prepare a resting rack and some paper towels
COOKING METHOD (~60-80mins):
Using a fork or tongs, roll each piece of chicken in the flour.
Dip each piece of chicken into the egg batter, let it drain, then roll it in the bread crumbs.
Let the chicken dry for 10-20 minutes (this helps the chicken brown more evenly)
In a deep-frier, heat the oil and prepare for deep frying, oil should be around 180ªC (360ªF)
Fry each piece of chicken between 8-15 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken)
After frying, place on a resting rack with paper towels, let the oil drain
To keep chicken warm and crispy while frying the other pieces, place fried pieces in a pan and keep in a heated oven / toaster oven
When finished, sprinkle with freshly squeezed lemon juice
If you don’t have eggs, or don’t want to use eggs, you can make an alternative batter using just flour and water, salt and pepper.
Beat flour, water in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Batter should be a bit runny and not too thick