(Total time approx. 20-35 mins)
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 servings)
- 400g chicken (breast or thigh)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ginger slices
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp oil (coconut / olive / vegetable)
- 1-2tsp salt
- 1-2tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 cup water
1 boiled potato, cut into slices, sprinkled with salt and pepper
* Cut onions, garlic and ginger, set aside
COOKING METHOD (~40-45mins):
- Boil the chicken in a pot with salt, a dash of of vinegar and some onions, about 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, remove from water and cut into thin and long slices.
- In a pan, heat oil and add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until brown, on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on one side, about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add turmeric, vinegar and pepper, mix well.
- Garnish with slices of boiled potato or some fried onions.