(Total time approx. 40mins)
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 servings)
1 green/red capsicum
1 garlic clove
2 ginger pieces
1 medium tomato
1. 1tsp capsicum chilli powder
2. 4tsp coriander powder
3. 3tsp cumin powder
4. 1/2tsp turmeric powder
5. 2-4tsp chilli powder (or paprika powder)
150ml plain yoghurt (or curd)
2-4 tsps oil (coconut / olive / vegetable)
2tsp salt (or to taste)
Fresh coriander leaves or chopped chives
* Wash and cut the chicken into small sizes, sprinkle with salt, let marinate for 5-10 minutes
* Cut capsicum and onions into squares
* Crush ginger and garlic, add a 1/2 tsp water, extract and collect the juice
* Chop the tomato
COOKING METHOD (~25mins):
In a pan, heat the oil on high, add the onions, and cook until brown, about 3 minutes
Add all the spices, fry well for another 2-3 minutes
Add the chicken, capsicum, garlic and ginger juice, tomatoes and yoghurt and turn heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook until chicken is tender, about 15minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves or chopped chives.
To make sure the chicken is cooked properly, the internal temperature should 75ºC or more
Check meat right through to centre, it shouldn’t be pink, and the juices should be clear
Store food in fridge or freezer once the food has been cooled to room temperature.
When re-heating, make sure to re-heat until it is steaming hot.